Thursday, October 2, 2008

MIA

I haven't been very consistent in posting lately. I start feeling guilty about that, but then, looking at life right now, I'm doing what I need to be doing. This year with homeschooling I'm really trying to keep up with everything, stay on track, reach goals, and so far, so good! Thank You Lord!! A lot of prayer went into this school year and the program we're using (K12) is quite different from anything we've done before. I've heard lots of negatives as well as positives about it, but just really felt like this is where God wanted us to be this year. I am loving it! I can still somewhat adapt it, but the goals have already been set, there's finally an ending point. Yes! Just exactly what we all needed.

I'm also working on setting up a website for our church. Once it's finished I will have a link in the sidebar. I love doing this kind of stuff! They think I'm blessing them, but in the meantime, I am blessed to have this opportunity. Don't you love the way God works things like that?

Personally (as in just me stuff) I am ((AGAIN)) attempting to lose weight. It has been a struggle for me emotionally and spiritually. I want to think that I should be content with who I am; I want to be angry with my husband for wanting a healthier life for me (the big battle there being "Why can't he be satisfied with me." and "He's concerned about my health") So I am continually bringing it before the throne of God Who loves me more deeply than I can ever, ever know or understand....and I know I could be doing a better job taking care of what He has given me. I know that I am merely settling for "Ho-hum" because it's so much easier than putting in a bit more effort to care for myself and glorify God in my health. That's the thing too....I know that the only way this can be done is by God's strength and grace in my life, and this is NOT me, but God working in me......yeah, well, you get the point, the hamster is again hopping on the wheel! It's good for me!

So, there is a bunch of rambling to say that life is good, life is busy, life is challenging......and despite the uphill climbs sometimes, I wouldn't have it ANY other way! God is good ALL the time!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can sooo understand the struggle with losing weight! I'm not content with how I look, and when I see myself in the mirror, I cringe. It's especially depressing when the "new" (read "larger") capris I bought earlier this year are getting too snug for comfort. I know I'm going to have a hard time fitting into my jeans and slacks this fall...

With me, it's a mental battle. I have no trouble getting to the gym once a week and doing my workouts, and I've been better about exercising at home. My biggest struggle is with food. I love it and I want it. I hate portion control. I feel like I'm missing out when I limit myself or withhold certain things (French fries!). When I start seeing results, I think it's okay for me to indulge a little, then I seem to lose control. I have to pray each day for God's wisdom in choosing my meals and snacks, for His guidance in the amounts of food I eat, and for satisfaction in the amount I should eat.

I'm with you and praying for you!