Tuesday, December 15, 2009
please note that I have fixed the link as it was pointed out to me that it took you to a page on elder care!! Sorry about that!!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
from my quiet time journal:
Hebrews 2:13a "And again He says, My trust and assured reliance and confident hope shall be fixed in Him..."
I need to keep my eyes fixed on Him. I am not "stuck in a rut", I am exactly where God needs me to be. My choice is whether or not to glorify Gor right from where I'm standing!! I am not lost, I am right here!! I need not be floundering, but rather flourishing!!
Thank You, Abba, for meeting me here! Thank You for reminding me of who I am IN YOU!! Abba, thank You that I am not lost, but I am saved by Your grace....which is more than enough to bring me great joy in all that I do each and every day. Thank You that in You alone is true life, abundant life! Help me to walk each moment of every day in honor and glory to You alone!!!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
A Year of CrockPotting
Back of the Box Brand Name Recipes
Baked Doughnuts Recipe - 101 Cookbooks
Bob's Red Mill - Whole Grain and Gluten Free Products and RecipesBrowse Recipezaar Recipe Categories
The Chef Within
Cooking Cache Member's Area
Cooks Recipes _
Recipe Site Links
Cooks.com - Recipe Search and More
Free Money Saving Recipes - Home Cooking
George Foreman Grill Recipes � Meat Grilling Chart
Open Directory - Home_ Cooking
Pastry Chef Central - Bakery Formulas
Archive - New York Magazine
Recipes for Good Health
Recipes with Popcorn
Table of Contents for The Crinella-Zurlo Sonoma County Cookbook
The Pioneer Woman Cooks
!the Recipe Portal.com - The Best Recipe Sites
Ashley's CafeHappy Tummy
CARB-LITE Low carb Recipes and AdviceGF Recipe Exchangehealthy_baking_101Wheat free recipes from wheat-free.org
Sunday, July 19, 2009
· He is very strong
· He is very smart
· He is creative
· He is always seeking to do what’s best for our family
· He is a strong Christian
· He is playful
· We laugh together
· He is my best friend
· He loves my heart
· He is a man of integrity
· He is growing more and more to be the best Dad and husband a man can be
I love my children because
· They love life
· They play well together most of the time
· They care for others
· They laugh a lot
· They love to make up stories
· They love to put on shows for me
· They think their Dad and I are the best
· They are CERTAIN they’re Daddy is a superhero (I am certain of that too!)
· They love God and He is an integral part of their lives
· They love to snuggle with me
· They’re beautiful
· They’re imaginative
I love to be a mom because:
· I can watch my kids grow up
· I can teach my kids new things
· I can tell my kids stories of when I was growing up
· I appreciate how much my Mom and Dad cared for me
I love my parents because:
· They shaped who I am today
· They still think of me as their little girl
· They are proud of who I am today
· They listen to whatever I have to say
· My Mom says, “I’m sorry you don’t feel to big.” When I am sick (don’t ask why, it just makes me feel good!)
· They put up with a lot from me (and my siblings) and still stuck by us
· They love to laugh
· They taught me to garden
· They taught me to appreciate the simple life
· They taught me to be independent
· They taught me to be flexible
· They taught me to be creative
I love my friends because:
· They are the spices in my life, and together we make something wonderful
· God knows exactly the kind of friends that I need and why, and places them in my life
· I carry a part of each and every friend within me and that shapes me
· They fill in some of the details of life I might otherwise never know about
· They challenge and encourage me
· They put up with me
· They understand me and my quirkiness
I love my home because:
· It has storage
· It is twice the size of my last house
· It has an upstairs and downstairs
· Glenn fixes it to meet our family’s needs
· It is in a fairly nice area (well, I think so anyway, I don’t mind being on a one-way street)
· We have nice neighbors
· It is a sturdy, well built house
I love the person that God made me to be because:
· I am a generally happy person
· I love having curly hair
· I have a sense of humor
· I am creative
· I enjoy being with my children
I absolutely, totally love God because He is I AM which is all that I need!!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
"Oh, if only we knew!" said Jill.
"I think we do know," said Puddleglum
"Do you mean you think everything will come right if we do untie him?" said Scrubb.
"I don't know about that," said Puddleglum. "You see, Aslan didn't
tell Pole what would happen. He only told her what to do. That
fellow will be the death of us once he's up, I shouldn't wonder. But that doesn't let us off following the sign."
Psalm 18:30 As for God, His way is perfect! The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Read this story in John 8:3-7:
3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Oh Lord!! What have I done? Where have I come to? Father! Forgive me!! Abba, lift me back to my feet, lift my dear sister in Christ back to her feet, set our feet upon Your path of righteousness. Father, forgive my pride, forgive my unforgiveness, my lack of trust, lack of mercy and grace. Thank You Abba that you are ever faithful even when we are not, thank You that no sin is too great for You to forgive. Abba, help us, your children to keep our eyes on kingdom things rather than the things of this earth.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Song of Solomon 2:2-3
But Solomon replied, Like the lily among thorns, so are you my love, among daughters. Like an apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved (shepherd) among the sons [cried the girl]! Under his shadow I delighted to sit, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
I did the boy-girl thing with the colors, pink & blue, so you'd know what gender was talking, it's important.
Taking this with a view of the marriage relationship and submission
- soft among the sharpness
- a joy to look upon
- stands out from the rest as totally a different sort
- provides a sweet fragrance rather than sharpness and pain
- stands out among men as being different
- is fruitful
- is a source of delight
- is strong
- is manly, but also, in that role, he is a provider
- is known for the fruit he bares in life
The woman's relationship to the man:
She delights to be in his shadow because
- he is at the forefront
- she stays in his protection
- he is the one in the light although she is right there with him
- this is her place, a place she is secure and can find rest
She delights in his fruit
- she acknowledges his accomplishments
- she rejoices and delights in the fruit of his labor
- she simply enjoys ~ she doesn't brag or sell or save up, she simply remains with him delighting in him, in the fruit that is evident in his life.
Now, I know there are all kinds of more intimate connotations in this book, but these are the verses that my eyes fell upon, and I was immediately struck by the picture drawn of the marriage relationship, of the wife's submission. This is an incredible picture to me!! I can so see my hubby as an apple tree, seemingly indifferent to the little details happening around him (that's my job as I sit in his shadow) but protecting and providing and being a strong presence. And as I said, as I sit in the shadow of him, I can tend to the little things that come up. I love this!!!!
Thank You, Abba, for this beautiful picture of submission and the marriage relationship! Thank You for my dear, sweet husband, that he is strong and manly and a wonderful provider and protector. Help me to truly find delight in him all the days of our life together. In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN!
I just went back in my journals to find a specific entry that God reminded me of (about took my breath away, is more like it) yesterday(that would be Jan. 3). The entry is from August of 2002, and I was studying in 1 Timothy about women. Here it is:
Referring to wives of bishops and deacons:
1 Timothy 3:11 “In the same way, their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.”
· Wives are in tandem with husbands
· We should not wait until our husbands are in prominent positions before we change.
· If this is the way we (as wives) try to live every day, then we are not in any way hindering our husbands but rather supporting them and living as if they are in prominent positions
And I didn’t write it down then, but I remember thinking that by living in this way, I was leaving God room to do whatever He wanted to do in my husband’s life. At this time, DH was still a diesel mechanic, we were in our first year of his migraines so we didn’t know what was happening (didn’t know they were migraines) and he was very sick and irritable. When I read that verse, I actually kind of scoffed. Hubby was NOT the type to be getting that involved in church
Now we fast forward to yesterday...a few days ago Hubby was asked to be on the governing board. We didn’t know exactly what that entailed, but DH said yes, he would be willing to help out like that. Then yesterday as we were sitting in church, after the Pastor had introduced the new governing board members, he said that with lots of prayer, he had selected the elders…..and MY DH WAS ONE OF THEM!!!! (He later said he was just as shocked as I was, he just thought he’d be on the governing board) I sat there in my seat rather in shocked and it was then that God called to mind that verse and the study I had done of it so many years ago, and in my heart I knew that God had begun a work in DH way back then!