Friday, September 28, 2007
Anyway, I had sent him a package of stuff he had asked for and some cards and pictures and stuff from us. One of the things that I had sent was a "Top 10 Reasons Why I Love You" paper that I had filled out. I put all different kinds of things on there (I REALLY love his hands, they're always hot, rough and huge!). I also sent him a blank sheet and suggested he do one for me. Now, before, he would NOT have done it, but a couple of days ago he said he was "working on it". I thought, "Golly, I just sat down and wrote it and he had to work on it?" But, at least he was doing it! Well, yesterday (his birthday) I found an email in my box. I am going to share it here because it took my breath away! Many of the things I thought bothered him about me, he has turned a different light on and are thankful for them. I couldn't help thinking it was more of a thanksgiving list to God than a love note to me. Many of you have known us for a long time, so I am sharing this so you can get a further glimpse of the great miracle God has wrought in our marriage....
Top 10 Reasons Why I Love YOU......
1. You laugh at my silly jokes, you have a great sense of humor.
2. You are very sensitive, you have the biggest heart of anyone I have every known.
3. You are unselfish, you give of yourself and don't like saying "no" to anyone.
4. You are kind and gentile, you have a spirit greater than any queen, princess, or royalty.
5. I love your elegant manners, you are never rude or crass.
6. You are not impulsive, you think about every aspect of a decision.
7. I love the mischievous side of you, it can be very fun.
8. You are slow to change, but have accepted coffee in, so I know you love me.
9. You love to be surprised in life, you enjoy the simple beauty in things.
10. You are artistic and very imaginative, you see the good that is in everything.
And he said he wasn't the "romantic type"......ha!!!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Factors involved in a sense of:
One's sinfulness....................look up Luke 18:13-14
One's unworthiness.............look up Luke 15:17-21
One's limitations....................look up 1 King 3:6-14
God's holiness........................look up Isaiah 6:1-8
God's righteousness...........look up Philippians 3:4-7
In each area that we are weak, God's fullness steps in. We are sinful, so He sent an atonement (Christ), we are unworthy so He gives us the free gift of mercy and grace; we have limitations and God has none. We have to understand the vastness of God. Romans 8:37 "Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him who loved us." Wrap your mind around that thought....we're these puny, dirty little things, yet with God working in our lives and completing us, not only are we conquerors, we are more than conquerors. We don't just gain a victory, we gain a surpassing victory!! I just think that's so amazing!! God is most glorified in our weakness. It is clear that we are at the end of ourselves and God has stepped in.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
- It was very loud when it ran...could be because unlike my old one, this one had NO insulation wrapped around it
- It clunked to each new cycle....loudly.....enough to wake you from sleeping
- It only had one spray arm and my old one had 2
- It had no delayed start and my old one had a choice of 3 different times
- It seemed much smaller
So I wasn't happy but thought, well, at least I have one. However, when I woke this morning, I still was not happy and then after talking to some friends that I really look up to, I took their advice and called the Warranty Company and told them that I was not happy with what I received. Well, after 2 hours on the phone, and me having to get kinda feisty (which is NOT how I am) and talking to the supervisor, here's what God provided....
The Warranty Group is cutting me a check for the price of the new dishwasher I picked out (an Amana) plus the cost of installation. I will then be responsible for getting it myself. Yay! And they do not want this dishwasher back!!! (how wasteful after all the stupidness I've been through) So I am able to bless my dear friend K with it! :) Whew!!!! Glad that is all over!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to tell my darling hubby!
Saturday, September 15, 2007
"What I have with him is worth it. It is worth every lonely night, every tear I cry from missing him, and the pain I feel from not having him close. It is worth it because he is my one and only. When I picture myself years from now, I see only him. No matter how painful distance can be, not having him in my life would be worse." - Author Unknown
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Immediately upon reading this, the thought came into my head....How could they [I] be so industrious and patiently enduring for the sake/glory of the Lord, yet lose their [my] first love?? Why, then, would they [I] be doing what they are [I am] doing if it's not done for love?? I'm struggling with this lately, can you tell??? So, as I sat there pondering, thoughts began pouring in and I quickly ran and grabbed my notebook (journaling is the way to go!!!) and wrote down these thoughts:
- Things are done simply out of obligation rather than intense love
- Looking at our marriage, I did the things I did simply because that's what I was supposed to do. Now, with all the miraculous healing in our marriage, I am eager to resume doing those things for my dh as an expression of my love for him.
- Sometimes things become comfortable and somewhat automatic (we begin to take things for granted) causing us to lose our purpose, to lose that freshness of vision.
I hope I haven't completely lost you here. I just have kind of felt like I've been wandering on my own lately; I haven't even taken time alone with my Abba, I'm simply trying to get through each day. I finally realized that I was starving myself to death, not feasting on His word.....I was in emergency status! So I plopped down and just began reading. As always, God is faithful!!
Abba, Father-God, work this in my life. Open my eyes to again see that first love. Teach me to love more fully and passionately. In Christ's name...Amen!