Saturday, June 9, 2007

For my Husband

I found this verse the other day and it really jumped out at me, being that my husband is in the land that is being spoken of in this verse (I think, though I'm NOT a great geographer). I am claiming this over him while he's there though!

Deuteronomy 8:15-16
"...Who led you through the great and terrible wilderness, with its fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty ground where there was no water out of the flinty rock, who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end."

Maybe I'm stretching it, but wow!! There are scorpions and other creepy, crawly desert creatures that he has to be careful for. He has to drink bottled water all the time as there isn't any good, fresh water. And he is being humbled and tested and we cannot WAIT for the good in the end.

Pretty cool....at least I think so!

No comments: