Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yummy! It's summer

Trying to think up something simple and light for dinner. I know, I know, I had my menu all made up, but there's always room for tweaking it, and I'm so glad I did. A couple summers ago, my friend Kim M introduced me to Greek Salad. Yeah, I know, there's ALL kinds of Greek Salad. So we'll call this Kim's Greek Salad. So simple, and yet SO yummy!! Now, I'm going to give you the recipe just like she gave it to me......I'll tell you some ingredients that taste good in it, but not how much....that all depends on you and your fridge or garden. Okay? So don't panic, just do it!

Kim's Greek Salad
chop up the following:
green pepper
tomato
red onion
English cucumber

Toss all of that together with the following:
Feta cheese
olive oil
oregano
salt and pepper
And really, you can substitute veggies or add veggies, what have you. Tonight I added a chopped up raw summer squash and some black olives (which are NOT from my garden, btw)

That's all there is to it! So yummy, so easy.....go making some.......go.....

No comments: