Monday, September 10, 2012

A good work

From my prayer journal this morning:

Philippians 1:6  "And I am convinced of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will  continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion. "  (Amplified Bible, emphasis added)

In yesterday's sermon, Pastor Kellen Criswell asked, "What has God started in you that the enemy is trying to rob you of?"  This is what I "chewed on" during my quiet time this morning, because the last few days have been very.....trying.....we're remodeling downstairs and have run into more problems than we expected (and so the project keeps getting bigger), I started the 2 younger kids school last week and while I'm excited about the curriculum I got for the Girl, it's going to take some getting used to, on both our parts, and other stuff also happening.  Just started feeling overwhelmed and ready to throw in the towel and wondering what else could happen.  Then this.  Wow!  Hear the brakes squealing on all my whining??  See my neck snap so my focus is realigned?  Yup, it did!  

So, knowing that I have several friends feeling that same overwhelming "ACK!!", I'm also sharing the prayer conversation God and I had.

Lord, in Philippians 1:6 it says that You desire grace and peace for me.  Grace is Your favor and blessing for me, and peace is a peace within my heart.  These things are NOT dependent on my situation, but rather on my focus on You.  When the waves toss me, I need only focus on You, knowing You are for me, You will never leave me nor forsake me, and You ARE doing (and continuing to do) a GOOD work in me.  Thank You, thank You Abba!!!!

No comments: