Saturday, April 21, 2007

My heart

I'm missing my sweet hubby right now. I know you're probably thinking, "Well yeah, of course!" But I am SO glad that I miss him....I take that as a sign that my heart is his. Sometimes in the day to day grind, it gets so easy to take each other for granted, or worse, think that you do a LOT (I wanted to say 'most' but that's obnoxious, right?....'course I do fight that attitude at times). As we were approaching this time apart, I figured, "The kids and I'll be fine, I can take care of us." Well, I can.....however "doing things" isn't everything. DH is my mate, we understand each other better than anyone else; he is a big, solid guy; he smells great (wellllll, he does!); he truly is my other half! I see that now. No matter who does what around here, I need that guy! He completes me!

I once heard (sorry, don't remember where) that a marriage relationship is the closest thing to God's character. A husband and wife can compliment/complete one another. Where I am weak or lacking, DH fills in, and vice versa.

Maybe it sounds silly that I'm so happy to be missing him....I think I'm beginning to really understand that saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". I truly believe God has given us this space to grow while there is this huge space between us. A good pastor friend of ours once said that the marriage relationship should resemble a triangle with the husband and wife being the bottom two corners and God being the top corner, and as they grow together, they also grow closer to God. I see that happening. Pretty cool really.

So don't feel sad that I'm missing my guy; it's a good thing!

Thank You Abba for the special man you have blessed me with. Thank You that You are near to both of us now while we are physically apart. Father, have Your way in us, may You be glorified in and through us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*smile*