Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The difference between guys and gals

Don't panic! Nothing anatomical will be mentioned here...

Before my Beloved left, our dishwasher broke; however, with getting dh ready to head out, we put off getting it fixed. Fortunately we had purchased a home warranty when we bought the house. The warranty ended July 19th, so, 2 weeks before that, I called the home warranty people to arrange a repair or replacement for the dishwasher. They called Sears and set up an appointment, the man came out, began telling me I needed a motor and those could be expensive and I said, "Well, it's good it's covered by ____." Which caused the man to stop short and say, "It is? Cuz we don't have that down." So he quickly left to get that straightened out and said he would get a new motor sent out. He did get that straightened out, I paid him our deductible, the new motor came to our house....and a different repairman came to install it. Now, the first repairman was very nice, talked to the kids, had dog treats for Suzi, just really nice guy. Repairman #2 however.....I dunno......he wasn't flat out obnoxious, but he wasn't nice either. The kids would say something and he'd ignore them. I thought, okay, not a kid guy. Then I noticed he was ignoring anything I said as well unless it was in response to a question he asked. Then he starts muttering that "it figures, this motor doesn't work either." and when I question him about that, he says, "now you know how it goes with my job." Then he begins slamming things back into the dishwasher (so there are now 2 non-working motors in pieces in my dishwasher!) and after ordering a new spray arm and motor, he leaves. I look down on the receipt he handed me, and here is what it said in the Tech comments section: "Install new motor. Bearing is bad, locked up new motor. Order parts listed. Previous tech didn't allow time so I ain't either." (underlining is mine) What???? And Sears called him on the phone while he was here and he wasn't even speaking nicely to them!!! So, yes, I did complain, and waited for a new motor, and the day before my next install appointment they call, realize I still don't have the motor, THEN they realize that it's on back order. Now I'm really getting frustrated. Plus, they have not yet sent any info to the warranty company, so the warranty company has no idea what's needed and has no say in the repair. So, I called the warranty company. By this time I'm a month in a half into trying to get my dishwasher working. So I talk to a lady at the warranty company; tell her this whole story; and she's becoming more and more disgusted with it too. She hangs up to talk to a manager, then calls back to let me know that they've cancelled the whole thing through Sears and someone from the warranty group will be coming out to look at everything and then I can go pick out a new dishwasher!! Yay!!!!!

Now why did I say all that under this post heading??? Cuz if my DH had been here, the whole thing would have been said and done in 2 weeks, tops! Guys are cut-to-the-chase, get-it-done, kind of guys. Today a friend and I were commenting about how often women say that men are shallow.....but ya know, maybe God made them that way on purpose. Women are deep, and don't want to hurt others, or want to really destroy their lives....their full of emotion. Guys don't have emotions over things like that. "Oh, huh, the dishwasher's broken." "Hi.....yes.......I need you to come fix my dishwasher.........no, that won't work.........well, no, not that either.......okay, yes, that works for us. It needs such and such a part and you need to check out this." The repairman comes, maybe tries a little song-and-dance, hubby says, "I don't think so! Do this." The job gets done, everyone's happy and moves on. See??

Golly, I sure miss my hubby....and I think he helps curb some of this rambling too!! :) Thanks for reading anyway! Hee hee!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

We're having dishwasher issues, too, but nothing that major. I hope you get everything fixed soon! And you're so right about the guy/girl thing!