Friday, September 28, 2007

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love YOU

Yesterday was my beloved's birthday. I asked him if they do anything special over there for you when it's your birthday. He said, "I didn't tell anyone it was my birthday. All they do is give you a cupcake and then give you a hard time all day!" My poor guy! He's not big on celebrating things anyway, but I always do something for him, and after 14 years, it is kinda nice to be remembered on your day. I am going to have a nice carrot cake (his favorite....that was what our wedding cake was too!) for him when he gets home!

Anyway, I had sent him a package of stuff he had asked for and some cards and pictures and stuff from us. One of the things that I had sent was a "Top 10 Reasons Why I Love You" paper that I had filled out. I put all different kinds of things on there (I REALLY love his hands, they're always hot, rough and huge!). I also sent him a blank sheet and suggested he do one for me. Now, before, he would NOT have done it, but a couple of days ago he said he was "working on it". I thought, "Golly, I just sat down and wrote it and he had to work on it?" But, at least he was doing it! Well, yesterday (his birthday) I found an email in my box. I am going to share it here because it took my breath away! Many of the things I thought bothered him about me, he has turned a different light on and are thankful for them. I couldn't help thinking it was more of a thanksgiving list to God than a love note to me. Many of you have known us for a long time, so I am sharing this so you can get a further glimpse of the great miracle God has wrought in our marriage....

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love YOU......

1. You laugh at my silly jokes, you have a great sense of humor.
2. You are very sensitive, you have the biggest heart of anyone I have every known.
3. You are unselfish, you give of yourself and don't like saying "no" to anyone.
4. You are kind and gentile, you have a spirit greater than any queen, princess, or royalty.
5. I love your elegant manners, you are never rude or crass.
6. You are not impulsive, you think about every aspect of a decision.
7. I love the mischievous side of you, it can be very fun.
8. You are slow to change, but have accepted coffee in, so I know you love me.
9. You love to be surprised in life, you enjoy the simple beauty in things.
10. You are artistic and very imaginative, you see the good that is in everything.

And he said he wasn't the "romantic type"......ha!!!

No comments: