Saturday, October 13, 2007

Feasting on the Word

Here's what I was feasting on this morning. This alone is what keeps me going day to day!
Lamentations 3:21-25
21But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: 22It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not.23They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. 24The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.25The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God's word].
Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I do not change [[Yes!!! ooo...sorry, couldn't help myself! I just love that thought!!!!!]]; that is why you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.
Isaiah 33:2
O Lord, be gracious to us; we have waited [expectantly] for You. Be the arm [of Your servants--their strength and defense] every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble.
Numbers 18:20
And the Lord said to Aaron, You shall have no inheritance in the land [of the Israelites], neither shall you have any part among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the Israelites.

As I was reading all this and jotting it down in my journal, I was deeply reminded of this, Romans 3:23 says, "...since all have sinned and are falling short of the honor and glory which God bestows and receives." I realized that all of those verses above were written BEFORE Christ brought us salvation through the cross! Which simply further substantiates Romans 3:23!!! I love this!! God is so for us, even when we ourselves aren't!!! He is so compassionate and with us through the good and bad in our lives! I love it, love it, love it!!!!

I pray that your eyes and heart will truly be opened to this great gift from our Abba!

No comments: