Friday, May 23, 2008

My Sister's Yummy Breakfast Muffins

This is my sister's recipe, I'm making it this morning, so thought I would share it. VERY delicious!!

Marion's Yummy Breakfast Muffins (makes lots!! I just filled a 12 cup muffin pan, a 24 cup mini-muffin pan, AND a 1/2 of a custard cup!!)

2 cups shredded, unpeeled apples
1 cup sugar
1 cup cranberries, chopped; or dried cherries or raisins (I also have dried figs, so I threw in a handful of those too)
1 c finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1 c shredded carrots
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup white flour (or it can all be white flour)
1 Tbs baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup canola oil

In a large bowl mix the apples and sugar, set aside. Grease muffin tins and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add cranberries, nuts and carrots to apple mixture, stir gently. Mix dry ingredients and add to apple mixture. Mix well. Stir in eggs and oil gently but thoroughly. Put batter in muffin tins and bake 25-30 minutes. Cool 5 min and remove to wire rack.

3 comments:

Pegi said...

Your blog looks great.
Love, Pegi

Adelia said...

These sound yummy! I'd like to start baking more!

Adelia said...

And your blog looks so sweet...Love the basket at the top...too sweet!