Friday, May 4, 2007

I'm away from my desk

Hello! If you are a regular reader here, I am sorry there hasn't been many posts lately. I am currently in Idaho tending my youngest sister and her family as she fell and broke her elbow last Sunday. I'm thankful that I'm able to come and do this for her.

At lunchtime today, Lil' Sis was talking on the phone and mentioned that I was here. She was saying how great it was that I would come and do this, and that she felt kinda bad but was also very thankful...you know, all that nice stuff. My children were sitting at the bar, eating sandwiches and just kind of looking at me to see what I thought. What a great learning moment! I leaned over and reminded them how neat it was to have family to help when we're in a tight spot.

My sister and I haven't always seen eye-to-eye, but in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't matter. What matters is that God made us family, and we're to care for one another. Yes, this time it is me helping out her, but I'm sure that if need be, I too, will be helped in time of need. Pretty cool! I love having family.....they kinda haveta like ya, you know?

No comments: