Monday, February 11, 2008

Fellowship of Believers

Yesterday the Pink Princess and I finally made it to church. It had been 3 weeks in a row that we (as a family) had not been able to attend church (traveling for week 1, terrible flu bug for week 2, and lots of snow for week 3). So about Wednesday or Thursday of last week Big D started having terrible headaches and tummy aches; by Friday he had passed it along to Little D. NO FUN! And we were all so looking forward to church, we all really missed it. So Saturday I said, "I really need to go to church." Thankfully, my dear husband said, "Honey, I'll stay home with the boys, and if Pink Princess is okay, you girls can go." I have to admit, it was hard walking out on the boys, knowing how very much they missed it too, but it was so nice to go to the house of the Lord and worship with His family!

Last night, laying in bed and thinking about the day, I was so thankful for the blessing of a church family. We haven't been attending this church for very long, and it is a small church, but oh! the presence of God in that place!! I just can't get enough, I love being around people who are so 'sold out' for Christ! So many times people try to put God in a box, but this little group has a big, big God and they are not afraid to put everything on the line for Him. I love that, I need that!! Friends are a good thing, they're there through thick and thin.....but a family of believers....there's just something to that....like you can get recharged, refocused, refreshed.

It was wonderful yesterday, to be in this fellowship of believers who wholeheartedly believe in God and express it in an unstoppable joy. God knew exactly what I needed and found a way for me to be there, to recharge, refresh and refocus! Awesome!!

1 John 1:3:3 What we have seen and [ourselves] heard, we are also telling you, so that you too may realize and enjoy fellowship as partners and partakers with us. And [this] fellowship that we have [which is a distinguishing mark of Christians] is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

No comments: