Friday, February 8, 2008

Yummy Yogurt-Honey Muffins

I made these muffins this morning and they're good! Figured they're fairly healthy too, so thought I'd share the recipe (it's from my The 250 Best Muffin Recipes by Esther Brody).

Yogurt-Honey Muffins
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
pinch of cinnamon & nutmeg
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 cup raisins (didn't have, so I used chopped dates)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.

In a bowl combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Make a well in the center.

In another bowl whisk together yogurt, honey, butter and egg. Pour into dry ingredients. Fold in raisins; stir just until moist and blended.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.

Yummy!!! Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! i'll try it (leaving brown sugar out...) and let you know what i think... sounds like a cup of lemon tea would be great with it!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm I made these the other day, E likes them which is huge since she is not a muffin fan...unless they are chocolate chip or plain (by that she means my 10-grain cereal ones). I only had vanilla yogurt so that is what I used. very tasty, thanks
love ya!
beek