Monday, January 21, 2008

Another contest



This one is all about winning a new blog design. And any of you who have visited here more than twice (thank you for sticking by me) know that I keep messing with my blog design and 1.)I'm never really successful with it, 2.)I lose lots of cool stuff in the process, and 3.) I keep trying to do it anyway! Someday, maybe, I will learn.....or better yet, I will win this contest and someone will put you all out of your misery (misery done by me for all of you) and design something that works for me and curbs this strange desire to have a cute blog. Yeah, whatever! :)


See, what I'm trying to do is capture the whole "joy of being a woman of God" thing....now you see why I'm having a hard time? I want to somehow have some kind of design that inspires joy in all things. Oooo! That reminds me, one of my favorite verses (stop laughing, I know have tons of them!) is James 1:2-4, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. " And I went to a women's retreat with these verses as a theme, and got this picture of a clothesline beside a white fence with sunflowers growing nearby and a big wicker basket of laundry waiting to be hung. Kind of a reminder that you can choose to see drudgery or joy in all things. For some reason, to me, that's such a comforting thing.....okay, I confess, hanging laundry is actually something I enjoy, just being outside, being quiet, I dunno....


Anyway, there's my ramblings, they asked me to post why I wanted to win a blog design. If you want to leave comments asking them to please help me out so you won't have to continually wonder what I'm going to mess with next, feel free!!


Hee hee! Cheeky, sorry!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the cheeky geeky that I love about you! And your blog is NOT messed up... took me 3 HOURS!!! to figure out how to make a linking side bar... I'll share and show you how lol! Hopefully typepad and blogger do it the same or it could take another 3 hours lol!
Love ya and good luck on your contest!