Monday, March 26, 2007

Counting my Blessings

Proverbs 10:22 {Amplified Bible}
The blessing of the Lord--it makes [truly] rich, and He adds no sorrow with it [neither does toiling increase it].

*****************
I have a confession to make...it kind of stresses me out when my hubby gets time off from work. Not that I don't enjoy having him around, but my schedule gets all out of whack. We sleep late, lounge around enjoying coffee...I pretty much try to be super-flexible when he's home. So, while I was glad he would be having time off last week to get things taken care of, I was also a bit stressed by the thought.

Well, I have to say that God richly, lavishly blessed our time together. I prayed that we would have good, memory-making family time together, and I have to say that God more than amply blessed that prayer! Yesterday the kids all told me they wanted Dad to make the mashed potatoes (weird, but bear with me, there's a point). I'm thinking, "What can possibly be the difference between my mashed potatoes and DH's?" He's been busy outside fixing up a trailer and so I'm SURE the last thing he wanted to do was come in and make mashed potatoes! However, when I told him that was the plea of the children, he laughed and came in to make them. I then realized that the difference is I mash the potatoes, and he attacks them! So he is "manhandling" the potatoes and I laughed and said, "Show-off!" To which he turned and stuck his tongue out at me. I then bent over so that my head was almost in the potatoes to look in his face.....okay, okay....the point is, we have had so much fun together this week (and you know that's a God-thing as it was also my time of the month!) We have laughed and played and worked together this week. It has been great.

While I "love" my husband as his wife, this week I remembered again that I "love" him as my best friend and companion as well. Life isn't always a "jolly holiday", I assure you, but I was reminded again how very blessed I am!
***********
Abba, Father, thank You for the immeasurable goodness of Your love for us. Thank You for the time we had last week as a whole family. I pray that in the tough, lonely times that come, You will renew me as well as the children with these precious memories. Abba, Your love is beyond ANYTHING I can ever understand, yet here I will stay, resting wholly in You.

No comments: