- She had faith in the God of the Israelites. She had heard what He had done for them and she knew and feared the Lord.
- She was wise (she knew how to protect the Israelite spies)
- She didn't wait until her life was "right" to come to God
- She knew her life could only be saved by coming to God
- God used her "bad" for His good
- She was in exactly the right place for God to use her
- She walked away from her old life and walked a new life with God's people
Think about it, she's a prostitute.....so why would the spies even have entered her house? Because that is how God designed it. She could have turned them in to the authorities, but she didn't....why? Because she recognized God in the reports she had heard of these people.
But you know what is my favorite part of this Rahab story....she didn't just help the Israelites....she became part of Jesus' lineage!! I love that!!! Rahab the prostitute....when we hear Rahab, that's what we immediately think, but what a beautiful picture of 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" The prostitute became an ancestor of Christ, the old had gone and the new had come! Praise God for His goodness!!