Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bible Study, Lesson 3

Discussion Questions: my answers in green
1. It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you "once, twice, three times a lady." Where are you in this progression? Obviously we have all been physically born, but are you 'twice a lady'? Have you been born again spiritually? This may be a private matter you'd like to discuss confidentially. If so, email me. If you have already received this gift, write a brief prayer of thanksgiving or testimony.
I know that I have been placed in this exact place and time for His great purposes. I am so thankful that He has redeemed in order to be a part of His beautiful masterpiece! Me!! He picked me!! As to the deeper desire and heart stirrings He has placed in me....I REALLY feel burdened to minister to other women simply through daily life things. Right now, however, I am in a time of growing, stretching and learning....it seems as if there are times of outpouring to others, and then times when I am called back to be refilled, refreshed and grown further. Once I realized that, I am able to more fully immerse myself in those different times in my life. I've realized it's okay right now, to step back and do some soaking in the Lord. I like to think of it as feasting, and boy oh boy, what a banquet has been set before me. Some things I'm not sure about, but like Mama always says, "You don't know until you try it." and God surely has never yet let me down! His things are always good!!

2. Are you three times a lady? Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a 'deliverer'? Do you have a desire or are you already meeting a need in the life of the church, a particular ministry (such as jail ministry, food ministry, etc.) or perhaps individuals who share common issues?
Well, I've felt the desire to minister to other women, as I said, through daily life. For a long time I tried to come up with a way to do that. A Bible study is always good, but timing and place and such....I just didn't feel that was what I needed to do. Then I pondered a newsletter, but that takes a lot of time and money. Finally (why did I wait so long), I talked about this desire with my husband and this blog was begun. See my first post about that here.

3. Do you ever get tired of waiting for that opportunity to do something
worthwhile for God? Do you ever feel God is using someone else instead of you?

Oh golly, I am trying to contain my excitement here, because I'm telling you...wow!! I was wanting to do something, sometimes thinking something big, but I know that my husband wants me home with the kids, and home in the evening with him too. So I thought, Well, am I going to have to wait until I'm old? Then I realized I can be a minister to others simply by ministering to my own family; providing a haven for them, meeting their needs, supporting and encouraging them. People merely look in upon our lives and they note that something is different, a seed is planted, and once planted, it takes hold and they have to find out more. It's amazing!! :) I remember the neatest "God experience".....Our pastor in Louisiana had asked hubby to lay tile in his bathroom, so hubby was gone. I had just quit my Pampered Chef business as my husband didn't like the time I was away from home. So, this one night, I was standing there, washing dishes and crying out to God for MY purpose (do they put something in the dish soap that creates a direct connection to God????). I was telling Him how *I* wanted to be out there doing things for Him, but how could I when my hubby was always off helping this or that person. Ha! God kind of shushed me and then showed me that I am part of hubby's ministry. By being home tending kids and preparing food and such, hubby was free to go out and serve others. He (dh) really thinks of this "handyman thing" as a ministry, and that could not happen if I was out and about doing MY thing! I realized, right there, in front of the sink, was exactly where God wanted me to be!! That is when I realized that we are a picture, a lighthouse in this dark world. My ministry right now is simply to tend to my family, and through that, God is working mightily!! Wow!!

4. What do you consider 'worthwhile ministry'? Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?
Okay, guess I answered that in question 3. and aren't you happy about that, since question 3 had such a lo-o-o-ng answer?? :)

5. Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts test? If yes, what are yours?
Oh wow! Yes, I have, and the first time I did, I was thinking it was so silly, that everyone would have the exact same answers, they just had too......my gift then, was faith and I was kind of disappointed, thinking, Well, yeah! Everyone has that gift, those answers were so obvious!" Well, I realized they were obvious to me because that was my gift!! Others did have other gifts and felt the same way about theirs that I did about mine!! And you know, I thought back and remembered a time that I had prayed specifically for faith...and I didn't realize that prayer was answered until I did this test!! Amazing. Since then, I think other gifts have been added....encouragement and helps. All I can say is, God is amazing. (Oh, and the last two I found out about while at River Valley Church in LA. They offered a class, using a book, to discover your gifts......they did this to help you find your spot in the church body! How cool is that!?)

If no, here's a good one from Ephesians 4 Ministry. Will you take it and come back with a response? Knowing some of you like I already do, I can almost pick out what your gift is before you say it. I can't wait to see if I'm right!

Ladies, this has been a great study. If you're reading this and haven't checked more into the study, I definitely encourage you to do so! Wow!!


No comments: