Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Raisin Bran Muffins

My friend Ashley emailed me this week for a recipe I had made for her many years ago for a baby shower gift. I had mixed up a batch of this muffin batter, printed out cooking instructions and put a big bow on it. Voila', fresh baked muffins with very little effort. Well, I'm thinking that more people need this handy recipe, which, by the way, was given to me by my sister, B.

Raisin Bran Muffins
1 (15oz) box of Raisin Bran cereal
3 cups sugar
5 cups flour
5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1 qt buttermilk
4 eggs
1 cup oil

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add buttermilk, eggs and oil. Mix well. Pour in lined muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees fro 15 minutes. Unbaked batter can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 month. (Works great for camping!) Makes 4-5 dozen.

No comments: