Thursday, July 5, 2007

I'll Choose What's Behind Door #1

Proverbs 15:15 {Amplified Bible}

All the days of the despondent and afflicted are made evil [by anxious thoughts and forebodings], but he who has a glad heart has a continual feast [regardless of circumstances].



This morning as I was doing my quiet time, I was struck again with the fact that we have a choice to make! So many times we hear, "He makes me so angry!" or "She is driving me crazy!" or what have you. That so easily rolls off of my tongue sometimes. But think about that, when someone makes you do something, they are your master. They control your actions! But that's not how it has to be! We have choices to make! We can choose to lose control (allow someone else to dictate our actions) or we can walk in the freedom that Christ freely offers, and we can choose to allow God alone to dictate our actions. The world expects us to be tossed and swayed by every Tom, Dick, and Harry that comes down the pike. If someone does something we don't like, the world says, "What a jerk! Forget him! That was so not fair!" God expects us to trust Him in all things. He wants to be our refuge, our hiding place when times are tough. Remember a few posts back, Making Music, I talked about the sacrifice of thanksgiving, of giving thanks no matter the circumstances? Well here it is again! The above verse, like Bob Barker, is saying, "Do you want what's behind door #1 or door #2?" Only God is much more fair than ol' Bob, He's actually letting you peek behind the doors! You can choose "a continual feast" or all your days being evil; joy despite the circumstances or bitterness because of the circumstances. Really! It's a choice we have to make. And yes, either way, YOU are the one choosing. Just like The Price is Right, the audience will be shouting at you, trying to direct your choice, but the choice is yours, God's asking you and it's a choice that you will have to live with.

So between Bob Barker and Joshua, we gain this motto........"As for me and my house, we choose what's behind door#1!!" (Hee hee!! Sorry, I could NOT resist!! And since I wrote this, I say that door #1 is a glad heart, okay?)

No comments: